Jon Thomas makes a compelling point in his article 7 Reasons Storytelling Is Important For Branded Content.
Especially today, when it comes to advertising or branding, most people think: online! social media! web! TV! radio! print! neuromarketing!
But there’s something missing in the mix: storytelling.
Yes, it’s thousands of years old, but it’s still just as important for effective branding. If not more. If you think about it – all of the “hot terms” people talk about when they talk about branding are essentially “carriers” of good storytelling.
His 7 reasons for storytelling in branding:
- Stories produce experience.
- Stories reveal what makes your message unique.
- Stories are emotional glue that connects you to your customers.
- Stories shape information into meaning.
- Stories can motivate an audience toward your goal.
- Stories are more likely to be shared.
- Stories are less likely to be resisted.